Do I need a Certificate of Occupancy?

A certificate of occupancy is needed to occupy any structure other than a single-family dwelling, condo unit, coop unit, or accessory dwelling unit. For example, if your property is a two-family dwelling, such as a rowhouse with a basement apartment or an apartment house with 3 or more units, then you are required to have a Certificate of Occupancy issued to the owner of record before you can obtain a license to legally rent the property.

Articles in this section

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful