Do I need a certificate of occupancy in addition to a business license to rent a property?

If your property has multiple units and is not a condominium or cooperative unit, you must have a certificate of occupancy. To be exact, you can't be approved for the license without it.


If your property is a single-family home, meaning all one unit, or a condominium or cooperative unit, then you are not subject to the certificate of occupancy requirement.

Articles in this section

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful