Who needs a Rental Property License?

DC law states that any property owner no matter what the property type (condo, coop, row house, single-family, apartment building or rooming house) are required to have a Basic Business License.

An owner of a condo, coop, single-family home would need a One Family Rental License.

An owner of a two-unit property which includes row homes with an English Basement would need a Two Family Rental.

An owner who's building has three or more units in the individual property but is not a condo or coop building would need an Apartment House License.

Articles in this section

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful