How do I change my registered/resident agent on my basic business license?

Here are the ways you can make updates to your basic business license. 


1) In person: Go to the Department of Licensing and Consumer Protection (DLCP) at 1100 4th Street SW, Washington DC, 20024. Proceed to the 2nd floor, where you can request to update your license information. 


2) Online: A sole proprietor may also update the resident agent information by using DLCP’s Notice of Billing Address Change (BBL Only)


3) Let RentJiffy do the work for you by  making the updates to your license and RAD. We will handle all the necessary items and file the required forms for each government department. Once the updates are completed, we will obtain a copy of your updated license. The total cost for this service is $50.00, which includes the DLCP business license update form ($25.00), the RAD amended update form ($25.00), and a copy of the updated license.  


Note: In addition to the license update, you will need to update your RAD registration with the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) by submitting a Housing Provider’s Amended Registration Form.  DHCD is located at 1800 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue SE, Washington DC, 20020. Phone: 202-442-9505.

Articles in this section

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful