How do I change my address with the Office of Tax and Revenue?

Updates to your profile with the District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) can only be initiated by the taxpayer or the designated person(s) already authorized on their profile, such as someone holding Power of Attorney or Accountants. Three are three ways in which you can make changes:


  • Online: If you have a profile at, then log in, and you can change your address, telephone number, email address, and other data from within your account. If you do not have an account, you can sign up for a free account. Be aware when signing up, you will need to provide certain information such as a Notice Number from the Notice of Business Tax Registration or verify tax information from your last return filed with DC. 
  • By Phone. You cannot make changes over the phone, but the very friendly customer service representatives with the DC Office of Tax and Revenue can quickly assist you, so you file the correct forms. Make sure to consider every type of tax account you have with the City in advance of calling. This way, you can tell the representative what all accounts you have, and this way, they can give the most accurate advice. Call 202-724-5045 or 202-727-4829.
  • In-Person. Visit the customer service office at the DC Office of Tax and Revenue at 1101 4th Street SW, Suite W270, Washington DC 20024. If you want to avoid parking, they are conveniently located above the SW/Waterfront Metro Station.


Here at RentJiffy, we feel that contacting your CPA and having them do the update for you ensures that a knowledgeable person will make the correct changes for you.


Articles in this section

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful