Support Center

Who needs a Rental Property License?

Last Updated: Feb 01, 2012 07:57AM EST
DC law states that any property owner no matter what the property type (condo, coop, row house, single family, apartment building or rooming house) are required to have a Basic Business License.

A owner of a condo, coop, single family home would need a One Family Rental License.
A owner of a two unit property which includes row homes with an English Basement would need a Two Family Rental.
A owner who's building has three or more units in the individual property but is not a condo or coop building would need an Apartment House License.

For Apartment House Licenses. If the property is legally setup as condominiums or cooperative units then each unit would need a One Family Rental Property License.

Contact Us
seconds ago
a minute ago
minutes ago
an hour ago
hours ago
a day ago
days ago
Invalid characters found